I made this for breakfast today. Great with any crusty bread and hot coffee.
Enough to take my winter blues away.
Packed some for Elmer’s lunch. He loved it.
My first time to bake quiche without any pie crust and milk/cream. It turned out to be quick and simple.
My new favorite quiche recipe. Adapted from Allrecipe.
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, chopped
100 grams bacon, chopped
1/2 cup sliced button mushroom
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
5 eggs, beaten
3 cups shredded cheese
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9 inch pie pan.
2. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions and cook until onions are soft. Add bacon and cook for about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and mushroom. Continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
3. In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir to blend. Scoop into prepared pie pan.
4. Bake in preheated oven until eggs have set, about 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.
1. I just used whatever shredded cheese was on sale at Coles.
2. Make sure you grease the pan well else the quiche might stick to it once baked.
3. Make sure you squeeze out the excess liquid out of the thawed spinach.
4. I used fresh mushroom because its what I have in the fridge.
5. You can serve this for dinner as well. Great with fresh salad.