What do I do when I feel flat?
Never failed to make me feel better.
I’ve been searching for a simple, not so sweet and easy Tiramisu recipe. I’ve tried many but I think I finally found the one I will keep . Check this out from the Italian Cooking Class.
I wouldn’t change a thing in the recipe if I didn’t have children. And of course I wanted to make more Tiramisu for sharing.
Who can say no to Tiramisu?
Here’s the keeper:
40 x lady finger Saviordi biscuits
500 grams mascarpone cheese
300 ml cold instant coffee
6 tbsp caster sugar
600 ml fresh cream
6 tbsp marsala
1. Add cheese, cream, sugar and marsala in a mixing bowl. Whisk till smooth and velvety in texture. Once mixture has reach correct consistency set aside in refrigerator.
2. Place coffee ( I diluted 2 tbsp instant coffee in 100 ml hot water then topped it up with cold water to end up with 300 ml) in container large enough so biscuits can be soaked. Soak biscuits face down first, then when edges are just starting to soak, flip biscuit over dunk the other side quickly and lift out, letting all excess coffee run off biscuit.
3. Lay biscuit on rectangle/square plate and repeat this process until you have covered the base.
4. Cover this layer of biscuits with mascarpone mixture (no. 1). Layer with another row of biscuits lacing with the mascarpone mixture again. Cover entire cake with mascarpone mixture including all sides.
5. Cover cake with grated chocolate and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
I was able to make 2 square cakes. One with coffee filled Saviordi, one without coffee for the kids.
This is to die for.